Wednesday, April 14, 2010

paean to me kroks

These shoes may:
  • inhibit friendship formation with people who are put off by their ugliness
  • combine a horrible nursey nerdness with frumpy flat-footed anti-fashion
  • squelch terribly when wet
  • occasionally let in little rocks through their holes
  • match the beige of my compression stockings a little closely, increasing the asexual frump
  • curtail how stylish the rest of me can ever look, because Crocs + anything stylish looks farcical
  • increase one's similarity to a duck
BUT they also:
  • weigh 8 oz.
  • cost around $33
  • I can hand the old ones over to the clerk for recycling when I buy new ones
  • AND (best of all) when traveling I can wear Crocs as slippers, walking shoes and pool shoes. Just rinse and go.
Two thumbs up!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you and Adam Newman one in the same?

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/15/business/media/15adco.html?ref=business

Elizabeth M. Tamny said...

whoa!! that is really weird.