Saturday, March 28, 2009

I should be listening to Rheingold today from the Met but I don't seem to have the patience. I do, however, plan on being all over Walküre on the 11th. In the meantime I listen for the 900th time to the greatest (funny) intro to one of the greatest (sad) songs ever. The contrast and bathos in that scene is what I love most about that movie--genuine feeling and suspense mixed with total sneering, glammy makeup at a tiny cafe.

Now, I know a lot of you guys out there tonight, a lot better than some of you'd care to admit. And I know that a few of you kick some karaoke ass. So. If you're looking for your big breakout single--ooh--you might want to put a bid on this one tonight,
ladies and gentlemen, because we are talking to Phil Collins' people, right. But then again...aren't we all?

No comments: