Friday, January 05, 2007

It was a nice dreamy dark city night ride home tonight. I got to watch my favorite chubby urban Corgi in the whole world scamper around the park while I waited for the trolley (name withheld to protect any Corgis who recognize fellow doggies online) then while tootling down the street the driver (listening to V103) was blasting "Moments in Love" by Art of Noise, making for a very atmospheric ride. That song, I'm happy to say, has found a permanent home here on Urban Contemporary radio, sometimes quietstormystuff eh, but also stepping sets.

Speaking of radio! As someone who spent 15 solid years listening to WGCI, I am excited to see YouTube filling in more and more of the radio variations on songs/more hard-to-find R&B songs I can't find. Like...heheh...the Heavy D remix of "Candy Rain"--gawd, I love that song (gotta be the remix tho). And scenes from House Party (hard to find the soundtrack these days--and I like the movie version of "Ain't My Type of Hype" by Full Force better than the album version). And the mix of "Ladies First" (Monie Love/Queen Latifah) with the sung chorus, which is not in the version I have (forget which is the radio edit). And the Michael Jackson/SWV mix of "Right Here" which must have copyright restrictions cause like all these you can't buy them on iTunes. And "Keep Ya Head Up" by Tupac which I guess Sug Knight owns or something.

Heavy D is currently high on my list of underrated folks, as is Steve Miller Band for some reason--in that hiding in plain sight way. HD could really *move* and I love that he's so bass-happy. Thrills me to my core.

No comments: