Sunday, November 12, 2006

I care only idly about the whole James Bond hoo-ha, but I have to say I like what I've seen of Daniel Craig. Partly it's sheer Blonde Man liking, but he also just seems more like a rough-hewn English bloke, and less like a smooth magical Everyman. I mean, he frankly has that wing-nut look when his hair's wet and his ears stick out. I guess I am also slightly more interested since Judi Dench's involvement in the whole franchise. And reading more Kingsley Amis. Maybe this new one will get me there. Oh! And to finally see Sylvia. DC sure has that Ted *look*, kinda. Beaky, manly, leathery--could excise him from his 50s surroundings and plop him in a bar in Wicker Park this weekend with no problem.

Every time I see the words ted hughes it makes me want to read Philip Larkin--his letters, etc. He was so funny about his appeal (and PL's lack thereof).

No comments: