Sunday, November 12, 2006

Cor blimey, pretty good (Prime Suspect). Nobody really does turgid like PS, and why do I like it there and not in Law & Order/CSI/Cold Case/1-Hr Scenery-Chewing American Drama? I dunno. I thought it was a stroke of brilliance to bring back creepy old Bill Otley, like a weird fallen AA angel. Although, as ever, they pushed that device pretty far...did they? See, we dunno. Looks pretty good, I'll be back next week. This episode has the strengths of the best earlier ones, which is pressure within (the sexist lads made for great drama) and without the investigation situation, but I'm not sure it's quite as gripping.

I still miss Jack Ellis, from the first season (turns out he's the brother? cousin? of the guy who played whom my mom called Poldark&Handsome in the 70s...80s?). Anyhow, greatest speakin voice ever...bring back Muddyman!

No comments: