Friday, October 27, 2006

Idul kultural kweries.

I am too tired to research these issues. It is after 11:00. I no research no more. Not tomorrow until. But to remember:

1. I wonder the following every time I hear mention of/have the images/trailer/sounds of Flags of Our Fathers tombrokaw-ed into my head: One learns very early on in Film/Media 101 that the gents on Iwo Jima actually had to raise the flag more than once so that photographers COULD GET A GOOD PHOTO OF IT. Is this treated as such in the film? This must have already come up, right?

2. I wonder the following every time I hear mention of/have the images/trailer/sounds of The Queen miramax-wants-an-oscar-ed into my head: For a very long time it was illegal in England to represent the monarchy on stage. And I guess I could be dead wrong, but doesn't it seem like most movies depicting extant monarchy have been American? Anyhow, what happened? This must have already come up, right?

Idle queries. Bombinating in the noggin. A little learning is a dangerous thing. Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring.

No comments: