Saturday, March 17, 2007

The Big Big Kvell, Self-Approbation, Bursting Pride

Hier kommt some naked sentiment of the happiest variety, so hang on.

Proud Auntie Sez:

So...the Wirgin Book has arrived! The real, das kine, the hardbacked red joy. Below is visual proof. First? Me smooching it. Second? Shameless excitement as being one of the dedicatees of such an important work. Third? (above) A little love on me paws to wave at me darling girl, Hanne, the authoress.

I must grab the mic and say just a lil something personal here. Even watching the process up close from start to finish, I know I don't really know how much work this has been (except I do--but you know what I mean). It has been a huge amount of work, partly because it is the first work. I am so proud of my friend for that, but also for all of her innate, can't-stop wonderfulness that's woven into the nature of the effort: its scholarship and wise clarity and juice and tigress-ness. I am also very proud to have been part of this book in some way before it was even a twinkle in her mother's eye, as it were. The dialogue we've had as friends, about these issues and more, has been crucial in my life--I feel grateful and excited that there's so much more of it to share out there, that everyone can see. I am so proud of you, Hanne!

Mazel tov!
Love to my darling prolixia
always from your Lizzy















4 comments:

Demandra said...

OMG! CONGRATS HANNE!!!! Can I just say that I've heard buzz about this book already? I swear to God. Was it in Bitch? I dunno. Can't remember where, but people are talking. Right on!

Kirsten said...

Fantastic! I'm so happy for Hanne and Liz I know you're awful proud. Glowing congrats all around!

Hanne Blank said...

Awww, Lizzy, thank you! It means so much to me that you've been with this book, and me, every step of the way... and then some. Here's to you!

Elizabeth M. Tamny said...

Hah! nay! Here's to *you*! Did I mention I'm excited? :)