Friday, February 16, 2007

My moods are v. mercurial this week. Fightin big waves of (hormonal?) inside-out pissedness. Right now I feel ornery & rassless. Wrasless.

As I walked in to work one of my coworkers was sitting on the chair you sit on in the restaurant on our ground floor while you wait for your takeout (and those around are dining at tables). I was thinking how it feels to be sitting in that chair, but that I didn't realize until now how much it looks like one is sitting waiting in an infirmary. Looked like a little lost child waiting for parents after bravely facing a tonsillectomy.

This keyart for the new billybob movie...I don't think I've ever seen anything dumber. Except maybe the stills from this movie. Can they possibly be serious? It looks like a takeoff of a farce of a parody of a skit of a sketch of an SNL short. Have found myself barking with laughter looking at their stupid stills all day.

Strangest news today? A press release forwarded around work announcing a musician's death. Turns out it was someone I went on a date with, around...5? years ago. I think. He was only 33.

We had one pretty comfortable date, made plans to make plans the next weekend. He called around noon that Saturday to check in, we decided to talk later before we met at a certain time but...foof. Poof. Vanishment. No call. I think I called and yelled at his voicemail about that. And since he was a musician...of course I had his CD to "remember" him by, which really annoyed me, an emblem of careless musician ego. And now he's gone. Very strange little intersections in life.

No comments: