Thursday, January 04, 2007

A possibility: writers have no memory? (Rather than too much) So they make up their own stories. I was trying to remember this funny thing somebody said to me once in 2002 and couldn't begin to dredge it up (I have terrible recall for dialogue). This wouldn't be so weird if 1) I hadn't repeated it to a bunch of people at the time 2) I wasn't watching a bunch of fat women in a fashion show waving American flags at the time, not quite my everyday activity.

I really do love astrology sometimes, the Brezny horoscopes. Soothing.

I think I would have MySpaced by now (I was one of the Friendster folk a few years ago) except that, gawd! The pages! The WORST design I've ever seen--they look like the awful amateur pages from 8 years ago, full of computer-crashing graphics and sudden music like the awful midi files of yore. Is this like the VSH/Beta thing? Beta was better, VHS became ascendant. Friendster's a million times better designed, but it doesn't matter, MySpace seems to have won.

I really hate dealing with garbage, garbage spills, what Homer Simpson calls Garbage Juice. I am seriously thinking about getting married to have someone to take out the trash. I hate to lock anybody into gender stereotypes like that, but I'll do it. I am great at collecting garbage, making sure it's all collected and ready to go, but gawd do I hate to take out the trash.

10,000 things to write about here that have been piling up. Rather than trying to clear a huge blockage all at once, I'm going to more sanely try to just write more consistently and just push things in as I feel like it. I mean--the world needs to hear what I think about polar bears, right? And Audra MacDonald? And crab cakes? The world is waiting for this.

No comments: