Sunday, January 28, 2007

Lucille LeSueur

1. I actually got to say "Don't fuck with me fellas" (as in "it ain't my first time at the rodeo") at an appropriate time today. Well, okay, in my head. But it popped to the front of my brain with a really satisfying CLUCK at just the right time. My whole life is a series of l'esprit[s] de l'escalier, over and over, so it felt good. Gotta hit that 'fuck' hard (for the meter, I mean). 'Don't FUCK with me, fellas...'

This is a phrase that has popped up a few times since I turned 40 and had to suffer the exuberant idiocies of people much younger. Bless them.

2. Thanks to DC for a copy of Kool Moe Dee's "I Go to Work"...yay!! YAY! So gud.

3. Catch Me If You Can on TV tonight, the only spiebergian film I really like. Some virtues: incredible atmosphere (the sunny morning in Miami with rain on the ground is genius...never see that in movies), although as usual I don't know if we should be thanking SS or Columbia College's own Janusz K & the hard-working art directors, the character-role performance by Hanks, the odd, cool way it dives into the 60s and 70s, the pacing (no time for huge tearful hoo-hah--okay, some, but it's handled pretty well), SS casting that actually works (Spielberg has a very good eye for culling great talent then putting them in crap), the father-son thing with Frank & Carl is pretty cool. Plus I love anything with paper and inks and printing--total sucker. Like the detail.

No comments: