Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Well, that was about the sappiest lil blog entry ever (the previous), in lots of ways, but do 'scuse. Emotion of the late-night, insomniacal moment. There's more here, plus please note that really--although I adore that version of "If I Ruled the World"--the best song would probably have been "I Don't Mind," the version off Live at the Apollo:
... But I know, I know
You're gonna miss me

I don't mind
This is my song
I don't mind
Goodbye, so long

I know, I know
You're gonna miss me...
- - - - -

Boxing Day film choice? Life of Brian, of course. Hadn't seen it in a long time. Had the expected probs (sometimes dragged on, quite uneven) but oh does it ever seem relevant. Rele-fucking-vant! In these days of global fundamentalism...oh my gosh am I boring. And the documentary that comeswith (Criterion!) is interesting for how beautiful and young they all look. Especially Palin and especially Graham Chapman, who (paradoxically) did really have a slight spark of divinity about him, if you ask me. He was a very beautiful man.

BRIAN:
I'm not the Messiah!
ARTHUR:
I say You are, Lord, and I should know. I've followed a few.
FOLLOWERS:
Hail Messiah!
BRIAN:
I'm not the Messiah! Will you please listen? I am not the Messiah, do you understand?! Honestly!
GIRL:
Only the true Messiah denies His divinity.
BRIAN:
What?! Well, what sort of chance does that give me? All right! I am the Messiah!
FOLLOWERS:
He is! He is the Messiah!
BRIAN:
Now fuck off!

No comments: