Thursday, December 07, 2006

1) Astrology often: spot on. SPOT FUCKING ON.

2) Why, oh why, WHY are the upcoming new Doris Day releases all from the, shall we say, less than stellar late-Melcher era? I swear I didn't even know she had made a movie called Do Not Disturb, and I thought I knew Everything. Why can't they release the Warner Bros. musicals? Must be some nakedly commercial reason why not. Some backstory everybody but me knows about Jack Warner or something... Move Over, Darling wasn't going to bring anybody's career back.

3) Not the right place for this but: Today is the 65th anniversary of Pearl Harbor, a significant anniversary, as it will be the last survivors' reunion. It is a significant date in my world: the famous photo on the right is the USS West Virginia, which my grandfather was just leaving (his shift ended at 8:00) when Pearl Harbor was bombed at 7:55 a.m. My grandmother and one year-old father were living in Pearl Harbor too. They all survived, but I've certainly felt the weight of this date all my life, today not excluded.

No comments: