Friday, October 27, 2006

Okay, I'll admit it.

(Me and 10,000,000 other people.) I finally watched the first four minutes of Borat that's been YooToobing its way around and I laughed out loud the entire time. Just awful. Just great. AWFUL. Oh my Gawd. I'd been nicely prepped for it by downloading stills for work (even those are funny) but not having read too much about it (I really have to avoid that, esp with things that might be funny). I was really struck, too, by how much funny there was in those 4 minutes--blam, blam, blam. These days most movies'd milk one of those jokes for hours. The point being...I can only hope the rest is as good. I was laughing loud. AWFUL.

p.s. To be totally nerdfully honest, I bet I will like this movie less when it's funny at others' expenses--past the first four minutes--and we get into the hapless American portion of it. I wish it weren't "reality"-based! I can never really let rip and find that kind of thing very funny. Well, we'll see.

No comments: