Wednesday, October 18, 2006

GGirls p.s. + North Dakota + props

* It was Logan's *right* paw that seemed to be doing odd things below the surface of the desk, not his left one (it was "stage left"). Either something really weird was going on there, there were technological problems, or I'm the perv with the most lurid imagination in the history of TV.

* I don't feel like I explained this well, but the biggest soap-opera style jerryrigging *was* the total abandonment of the Lorelai & Luke connection...but it still works.

* Shall I gather up all my idiotic Gilmore Girls ramblings into a beautiful handsewn book called Pensées, printed just for friends and family, like ladies of leisure in the 19th cent? Hah! I'm a little tired of hearing myself talk about it. But I guess we all have to have an outlet, and I have only an abstract appreciation at the moment for the Tigers.

- - -

I sometimes think I'm missing something by not moving *to* North Dakota, taking advantage of the population drain to mercenarily buy up land/invest in the future. Give it 200-300 years...you know it'll be worth something. Okay, that's one dumb reaction to that situation. Another is total amazement at the wild sort of gothick state of affairs in an emptying state like that--a few weeks ago I heard some stories from an ND friend whose family is still hanging on there and they were really fascinating. Another reaction is: maybe THIS is where I can finally build the folly I've been waiting my whole life to indulge in. Forget the Hudson Valley--who could afford that. Although, the cold. The cold... The wind would rip my hand-glued shells and fancy paint off the house so fast... In any case, you just *know* that things will flip around for that state. Eventually. This world is too crowded for it not to. And as always gets pointed out--the per capita political power is heady.

- - -

Remember the name Kirsten Major. Just saying. You should!

No comments: