Wednesday, March 15, 2006

mooshmash

I'm beyond tired--what's the word (should be one) for being freelance tired? The kind of tired where you're trying so hard for your efforts to go where they're not paid to go 8 (10, 12, 14) hours a day? Freelanceo-exhausto? Avocation-station? Fatigay-freelance-ay? Really fucking tired? I left work at 3:00 a.m. When the little otter tag fell off my keychain a few minutes later unlocking my door I almost cried.

Oh! Other people who could read the phonebook to great pleasure: James Mason (how could I forget) and Claude Rains, on some days. I know I should say Patrick Stewart, and I do love me some rumbling basses, but his voice or how he uses it has become too cheesy for me to take as much pleasure in it. I remember being incredibly stirred up by him as Polonius watching those BBC adaptations in high school (oooh, and that wooly-headed look he had working - was it a wig? the last remnants of his RADA hair for real? He was probably bald at 19), but these days it just isn't doing it for me. Anthony Hopkins is fairly far-gone cheesy too, but his voice somehow remains inviolate. It's got amazing layers/texture. But it doesn't make me want to shag him.

Dolly Parton called herself a honky while talking to a red carpet interviewer at the Oscars. I have no idea what to think about this. I guess there's a linguistic overlap there I didn't know about? Or it was just DP? Never heard anybody from where she's from use that term, though.

The only good thing about the GGirls rerun last night, despite the fact that my cockles should have been warmed by seeing Rory and Lorelai reconcile (eh, more chatter), was the scene with Emily in the plane she was thinking of buying. I still do not think that show always knows what they've got there with her and the tension twixt. Good golly.

Our currupt old county board president had a stroke last night a week (?) before elections. Now *that's* politics.

No comments: